Saturday, May 15, 2010

We Sold it!!

After 36 showings, 4 open houses and 96 long days our house is sold! I was really thinking this day may never come! Although we sold for a bit less than we hoped, we still will close before June 30th allowing us to get the home owners' tax credit. It looks like we will be moving that last weekend in June so mark your calendars as "help Kristin & Carlo move day". I told Bella today that we won't have any more showings and she got so excited. She said, "now we don't have to be outside." Huh? "Yeah, when you and Daddy clean, we always have to be outside." Funny that this is what she thinks of... we didn't lock them out of the house that often :)


Since it is now official, and we really just have one month left, I am getting sentimental. This was our first house, the house our kids we born at, the fence Carlo & I spent a few summers putting up, the basement my dad worked so hard on, the trees we planted....on the other hand I am so relieved and excited that we can move to our new house!


Now we have the task of really packing up and figuring out the move. Of course I haven't been planning anything related to moving since we were all so concentrated on getting the house sold first. One step at a time...


Now to catch up:
My Mother's day. I loved my card with the dog on it that looked just like Shadow. We went to church and then bought some annuals for me to plant.
Lucy got to be Star of the Week at school. Of course she loved the extra attention.

Today the girls got to go to a birthday party at Godsell Farms in Muskego. This was by far the most fun birthday party the girls have gone to. They got to feed and hold a bunch of animals, pick eggs out of the coop, got their faces painted and had a hay ride. They had a blast. Here's Bella holding a chick.
And Lucy got to pick up a full grown chicken (w/some help)!

1 comment:

amy said...

Yayy! Good for you guys!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers