Monday, August 25, 2008

The Weekend's Experiment

We had a long weekend up at my parents' house and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to create some projects from the momadvice blog I read. I also had a little incentive (see here).
Our first experiment: The Visual Packing List. Found on House on Hill Road and momadvice notebook 7/17/08.

This is an easy way to get the little ones involved. Bella loves packing to begin with, but having her own list made it feel more her own. It was also a great opportunity to work on recognizing numbers and counting! This was definitely a hit in our house.

Our second experiment: The Travel Felt Board. Found on Plum Pudding and momadvice notebook 6/5/08

This is also a really easy craft. 8-1/2 x 11 sheets of felt can be purchased from craft stores and places like WalMart for 10-20 cents each. I had some extra at home since we already have a full size felt board. Staple a piece to some cardboard (cereal box), cut out some shapes, and I also stapled a sandwich bag to the back to hold the pieces. We took it to grandma & grandpa's house where it got played with a few times during some down-time. Another hit!





Our third experiment: Baked French Toast. Found on Baking Bites and momadvice notebook 7/17/08.

See recipe link above. This was yummy! I didn't cut off the crusts like the recipe said (I am about fast & easy) but it still turned out delicious. My mom copied the recipe for herself too. Success!

In addition to the fun projects above, we had fun swimming and took a day trip to Bay Beach in Green Bay. I hope I didn't damage Bella for life by taking her down the big blue slide. She screamed the whole way down! The 2 times she was on, Lucy wouldn't detach herself from the merry-go-round after it was done!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, you are getting some extra credit right now :) What great projects! I am going to have to try that recipe out- I love baked french toast. I love the packing list too- that is definitely something that I could do with my little boy.

Thank you SO much for participating- it means so much!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

you had alot of fun! great post! we have an italian greyhound too they are so sweet!

elaine@bloginmyeye said...

Enjoyed seeing your experiments. Love your IG's. We are on our 3rd whippet.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers