Monday, January 12, 2009

Birthday and Soy

We found a solution to Lucy's not pooping problem - soy milk.  I always suspected dairy, but lactose intolerance usually causes the opposite of Lucy's problem.  Turns out it isn't lactose, but a certain protein in milk that doesn't agree with her.  It is amazing the difference in her.  No more prune juice, benefiber drinks, and grunting all day!  Hooray!  

She loves putting on shoes, hats, and mittens lately.  She's also making the goofiest faces.  I need to get a picture of one since I haven't been able to capture one yet.  Or Bryn needs to send me some of hers :)

In other news, we celebrated Carlo's birthday last week.  I managed to ruin a cake trying to substitute ingredients.  It was still edible, but pretty much the picture explains it.  Yuck.  We made up for it by going out with Beth & Jeff for dinner and drinks over the weekend.   


Bella started swimming lessons last week too.  She goes all by herself while Lucy and I watch.  She is in a class of 2, so I'm hoping the individual attention will get her more comfortable in the water.  I didn't know how she would be without me but she did great.  Here she is after her first lesson with a sucker from her teacher.   

Bella just learned how to open the fridge door last night.  I haven't decided if that's a good or a bad thing yet! 

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers