Saturday, September 25, 2010

An outdated update - Kindergarten

Bella's in kindergarten! She takes the bus a few days a week, takes her lunch, and is adjusting just fine. She really enjoys it, although she did say she misses her morning snack. Waiting from breakfast until lunch to eat is a little different, especially when she doesn't eat that much for breakfast. Here she is (on right) on her first day with 2 of her kindergarten friends in the neighborhood.
Bella had to say goodbye to her daycare, The Children's Center. A place she's been since she was 3 months old. That was pretty sad for me. They took really good care of her there. Lucy misses Bella and I can tell that all the 'new school' attention for Bella is getting to her. I think it will be good for them to have some time apart though. Lucy was so wanting to go to school with her big sister...


Before school started we spent our 10-yr wedding anniversary up north. We had a nice dinner out and we took the kids to Bay Beach one day too. That place is so fun. Bella is just a hair too short for the big-kid rides. I didn't push it since she hated the big blue slide. Of course Lucy loved it!

At home we've been planning our concrete work and lawn seeding. We decided on a colored concrete patio in the back with a circular design. Here is part of it - it is actually all done now but I am behind in my picture taking.
Other than that, I finally hung the last ceiling fan in the house, and hung the shades in the bedrooms. I still have to hang some drapes in our eating area. Carlo's been digging up rocks in the yard for future landscape projects. We also had cousin Isabel's birthday party last month. The kids had a blast. Ugh.. I'm really behind on this thing since that was over a month ago! Of course Lucy has to charge the picture taker (me)... typical!

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers