Monday, March 10, 2008

Waterpark birthday

Well, today is my birthday and what do I get? A trip to a waterpark. I really planned the trip for the kids, but I had fun too. We stayed overnight last night at the Country Springs Hotel, about 10 minutes from our house. I think Lucy had more fun than Bella! Bella is just so timid with new situations that she couldn't get into all the water spraying stuff. She loved watching all the kids though.


We had an extra pass to the waterpark area so my niece Abby came on Sunday for a few hours. She really helped out a lot and we all got to take turns going down the big slides without the kids :) My friend from work and her daughter came and used our extra pass on Monday. Bella was a little worn out by then and really hardly played in the water at all.



Now its back to our wintry reality. It was a nice break though and I'm sure these events will get more fun as the kids get older. (try entertaining a 9-month old and 2.5 yr old for 3 hrs in the morning in a hotel room, waiting for the waterpark to open!)

I hear warmer weather is on its way, so hopefully our days playing peek-a-boo in the huge tunnel (that takes up our whole living room) are limited! That cute little sweater Lucy is wearing is from my sister, Meg. She gave us 2 huge garbage bags full of hand me downs last week. Thanks to her and a growing Mia, we are set for clothes for a while!

And a weird coincidence occurred on our way home from the waterpark today. We stopped at the Steak-n-Shake in Waukesha and ended up being served by this man. A clown (but not dressed as a clown) with pending criminal charges including child pornography. We had no idea at the time. It was strange, but after we got home, Carlo was listening to the radio, and they were talking about this guy and the controversy of letting him work. They mentioned the Steak-n-Shake so we looked him up. I was very shocked!

1 comment:

amy said...

i knew March 10th seemed familiar for some reason. Happy Birthday! sorry i had to read your blog to figure it out, though.
interesting about the clown. i can't believe they hired him...that's a pretty serious rap sheet.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers