Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A trip to Grandma's

We decided to break up the dull and cold winter by going up to visit my parents for the weekend.  It was nice to get away, have a nice home cooked dinner, drink old fashioneds, warm up by a fire (I really wish we had a fire place) and have a yummy brunch at the golf course.  We all went bowling too.  The first time for all of us in a while so it was a good thing we had those bumpers!  
It was really dark in the bowling alley so most of my pics didn't turn out well but Bella as well as Lucy liked trying to roll the ball down to the pins.  Keeping them out of the way of our neighbor's lane was another story!  

Part of my efforts of mixing things up for the kids a little.  Before bath time I let them color all over themselves with markers.  They did a great job but I'll only show their backs.  You never know what kind of perverts are looking at this! 


I've been working on my sewing to mix it up a little for myself!  I finally made a bag that I'm happy with.  I wanted one big enough for our library books and I think this will work well.  I've made a tiny bag, a medium bag, and this big one.  Its fun but I wish I had more time to do it.  
 
My parents came to watch Bella swim at her lessons today.  I think she liked having an audience as she looked back at us several times to make sure we were watching.  

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers