Monday, April 6, 2009

planning

They love to wrestle!

For Bella's birthday this year, we have decided to let her have her first kids' party.  Not sure if I am crazy or not to have a party for a 4 yr old, but Bella is SO excited it is worth it for now!  I'll have to answer that same question after the party.  She has picked out a Dora theme.  I wanted ladybugs, like a ladybug picnic,  but then we got a party supply catalog in the mail.  It was full of Dora, Diego, etc so my ladybug theme was over after Bella saw all that!  She still spends time looking at all the stuff in that catalog, dreaming about her party.  

"Mom, maybe we should do a Scooby Doo party"
"but Bella, you don't even watch Scooby"
"Mom, but maybe my friends like Scooby. Mom, then we have to do Dora and Diego because Cooper loves Diego"  (Cooper is one of her best friends at school.)
  
I'm trying to think of games to do but I'm honestly hoping for a nice warm day so the kids can just play outside.  It will be in June so this is probably a good assumption.  Then we'll do a pinata and cake and send them on their way!  I'm thinking that will be plenty fun for a bunch of pre-schoolers.  

I'm making Bella her very own Dora skirt to wear at the party.  Here it is in progress.  I hope it turns out!  Right now its looking like it may be too short.  If so, Lucy may get a Dora skirt too!     
   


No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers