Sunday, June 1, 2008

Doctor visits and summer fun

Bella & Lucy had their year check up last Friday. I was a little concerned that most of Bella's pants fall off of her and need to be pinned. Turns out that Lucy is off the bottom of the chart weight wise. She is just 17 lbs at 1 yr. I really have to keep track that she drinks enough milk in a day. Bella's in the 5th percentile, but at least she's on the chart and she's been consistently a little thing her whole life. Maybe I should keep track of how many crayons they eat in one day...


We had a beautiful weekend. Bella was in need of a zoo fix so we made an outing there, complete with a picnic lunch. At the zoo, Carlo & I decided that Lucy's hair is definitely the same color as Orangutan fur :) Sunday we mostly stayed around home. I got out the baby pool and we spent a lot of the day outside.

Lucy patting a goat in the goat yard.

We picnicked by the little lake at the zoo.


Bella's been getting creative in getting us to come up to her room after we put her to bed. One excuse she's been using frequently is to ask for different books to read. The kiddie bookshelf is in our living room, so we'd bring her up a few books to read if she'd ask. I was getting sick of her getting up after we put her down that I thought I'd just move the bookshelf with all the books up to her bedroom, problem solved. I carried the shelf up to her room, and Bella helped me carry all the books up there. That night, she was crying for us, so I go up and ask what's wrong. She is asking for more books! I tell her that all the books are right there in her room and she can pick out any one she likes. She then starts crying, because she knows she can't use this excuse anymore. I wonder what she'll come up with next!

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers