Hmmm... I feel like I'm trying to play catch up with everything lately that I can't even get my thoughts straight to write here! This past weekend we had our first trip up to Legend Lake for the summer. We drove up Thursday night and almost didn't make it there. More flooding caused Hwy 41 to shut down, the detour road eventually detoured and another detour after that! It was an extra hour on the road and a very stressful drive not knowing where we were half the time and driving through flooded streets. We should have waited until the next day to make the trip, but we had no idea the bad conditions further north.
These are pics of the high Fox River waters at Frame Park downtown Waukesha.


Anyway, we made it there in one piece and had a nice time. The lake water was
cold. Carlo went in swimming, but Bella, Lucy, and I just dipped in our toes. We went into Shawano on Saturday for 25-cent hamburgers, tacos, Sundrop, and strawberry shortcake! What a deal :) Bella had her first try at fishing and caught a fish. Took all of a minute or two and then she was done with that! I gave Bella her second haircut because I have been getting sick of all the crying/whining when I comb and fix her hair every day. I don't have a good pic of the haircut yet!



We treated Carlo, Dad, and Mom (belated Mother's Day) for brunch at the golf course. The girls stuffed themselves ;) Lucy even had some brownie for dessert. Carlo got in some naps during the day too.


This is just a cute picture I took last week:

Bella had to get a picture next to Blue Baby too:
No comments:
Post a Comment