Monday, June 9, 2008

Rain and naps

Well, I feel like I have to mention our storms since they did play a big part of our weekend. This was our view from our backyard late Sunday afternoon. This was the second set of 'big' storms that rolled in. The first was late afternoon Saturday. I was supposed to go to Abby's graduation that night, but it got moved inside with limited seating. Carlo had to take an alternate route to work this morning since a road he normally takes is underwater! Downtown Waukesha is partially flooded too. I am thankful we live on top of a big hill so no water in our basement.


Luckily the weather held out for us Saturday. We had Carlo's company picnic at the zoo. It was hot, but still a nice time. The food was excellent and Bella liked seeing all the people/kids there. Lucy got a little tired out though! Bella got her arm painted and took 2 turns on the carousel:



Speaking of Bella, she is driving me crazy with her naps (or lack there of). She needs her naps, but refuses to take them. This means that some afternoons she is just a pain because she is cranky and tired. Yesterday she was falling asleep on her sit-n-spin! No joke.
I got her upstairs 3 times after she'd fall asleep on it and she'd just wake up once I put her in bed, refusing her nap. The good part is that she goes to bed earlier, and without any trouble! Here she is sleeping after reading her millions of books:)


And just because I feel like I've been neglecting Lucy on this post:She still loves those stairs, but now she is pretty good going down them. She also has stood on her own now! Those first steps aren't too far off!

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers