Monday, May 4, 2009

Big girl

As Lucy is approaching her second birthday, she is definitely becoming more grown up.  In the last week, she has been requesting to sit on the potty!  She even wants to take all her clothes off first.  Last night, we heard Lucy crying from the bathroom area.  Believe me, when your kids are crying/whining most of the day, you tend to tune these things out, so Carlo and I didn't investigate.  When she didn't stop, I finally went in saw Lucy on the toilet, hanging on for life.  Her entire backside had gone in!  We leave a stool in there for Bella to get up to the potty, so that's how Lucy got up there.  Poor thing!  


In other news, my work friend Kim had a beautiful baby girl last Tuesday.  The girls and I went to visit them in the hospital and Bella asked if we could bring home a baby brother.  I told her that's not the way it worked - you can't just bring any baby home from the hospital, it needs to grow in the mommy's tummy first.  I asked her why she wanted a baby brother anyway and she told me that baby sisters are not nice and don't do what she says.  Ahhh, the drama of their love/hate relationship!  This is not the first time she has asked for a baby brother... 

I've been horrible in taking pictures lately.  I either forget my camera or just don't think of taking pictures.  Bryn got confirmed yesterday so we all got together for that.  The trampoline of theirs is a big hit with the kids.  Beth is cleaning out for a rummage sale, so we got to take home a bunch of 'new to us' books.  Awesome!  

 

No comments:

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers